What is a blog?

For some reason, unbeknown-st to me, I have started a blog. What is a blog anyway?

I realize it is a place to soothe my soul with typing about my cozy, somewhat interesting, mainly boring, sometimes beautiful, yet sarcastic life uninhibited, but, what is the real meaning? To me, I think, slug, snail, something slimy and gooey.

Not a pleasant start to a blog, more importantly, my blog.

But, no matter. Slimy, begone. Fresh, begin!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Lord's Day


Sunday for me growing up was a day to dress up in pretty dresses, fluff my curler enhanced mane, and pose for the camera with my 4 other siblings. Then off to church. That part becomes sort of a blank in my mind other than the beautiful hymns we sang and hearing the preacher bang on the pulpit every now and again. I usually couldn't wait the 2 long hours on the hard wooden pew to bound off with my friends to play and catch up. Of course, the smells of the food in the ovens for the coming pot-luck did not help!

Sundays for me now are a dreaded day. I hurridly dress in a pair of jeans, check the mirror to make sure my slicked back, pony-tailed mane isn't too horrid, and rush off to Costco. Please God don't let it rain today. Rainy days make an already packed out store even more packed!

It is a dreaded day because of the fact that A: I am guilt-ridden for not feeling guilt-ridden for working on the Lord's Day, and B: the store is filled with church folk who are absolutely horrible! You would think, after going to a place of peace and love, that that would be their mind-set. Unfortunately, it seems to bring out the worst in these people. Interesting!

Anyway, one day I will get back to the old-fashioned routine of my childhood and go to church. I pray it A: makes the guilt go away and B: allows me to be at peace and have lots of love in my heart! I will vow to never enter a retail store on the Lord's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, that's why I no longer work in any type of retail setting and have vowed to never do so again.!!!! Amen.

    ReplyDelete