What is a blog?

For some reason, unbeknown-st to me, I have started a blog. What is a blog anyway?

I realize it is a place to soothe my soul with typing about my cozy, somewhat interesting, mainly boring, sometimes beautiful, yet sarcastic life uninhibited, but, what is the real meaning? To me, I think, slug, snail, something slimy and gooey.

Not a pleasant start to a blog, more importantly, my blog.

But, no matter. Slimy, begone. Fresh, begin!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eyes Wide Shut



I have been blind. This morning I woke up smiling because the scales have dropped from my eyes. Ah the mystery of it! God definatly has a quirky sense of humor.

I haven't really been praying for a mate but I have often wished for someone to help fill the void. Ok, I admit it, I have prayed a couple of times  for God to bring me someone. Many times I have thought that life would be better with someone to share in the wonder of it. Now you might be thinking I have a son to do this with, and yes I do but, I'm thinking more adult level here!

So anyway, I have been granted my wish/prayer. It has taken six months for me to realize. I have a female neighbor who is less than 50 yards away who happens to be one of my bestest, most amazing friends. When I'm lonely, she is there. When I'm excited, she is there. When I'm blah, she is there. When I need food or coffee, she is there. When I need a sitter or playmate for Anthony, she is there. When I want to be right, I can. When I want to be alone, I can just shut the door!

Might I say WOW!! This is way better than a man! It is the most perfect situation. Being that I'm a bit independent but still have some feelings, it couldn't be more opportune. I love how God has so much imagination to think up the perfect solution for me. I just can't believe it has taken me so long to see it!

Thank you Jesus. Love you Matty!

2 comments: