What is a blog?

For some reason, unbeknown-st to me, I have started a blog. What is a blog anyway?

I realize it is a place to soothe my soul with typing about my cozy, somewhat interesting, mainly boring, sometimes beautiful, yet sarcastic life uninhibited, but, what is the real meaning? To me, I think, slug, snail, something slimy and gooey.

Not a pleasant start to a blog, more importantly, my blog.

But, no matter. Slimy, begone. Fresh, begin!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Parenting



Six years ago I gave birth to a healthy, squawking 8 pound baby boy. The minute I saw him my world change forever and I was in love. The wrench of my heart when his heel was pricked was almost insufferable. The swell in my soul when I held him to my breast for the first, colossal. He was the cutest and sweetest thing I ever did see. There is nothing like a new mother's love!

I'm a bit anxious because today my baby is 6 years in age and I still feel like a new mother who has no idea what she is doing. Oh yes, it's not the same as having a mini person in your arms and not knowing what to do with him. It is having that mini growing into a person who for 3/4 or more of his life will be on his own. It is that 1/4 that is up to me to make sure that he is prepared. May I say freaky? I feel unprepared to be on my own myself, much less prepared to grow a child into a substantial adult to be on his own!

When I think of these difficulties I wonder why we were not made more like the fowls of the air. They know exactly what to do and when to do it. And they do it, and do it well! Now I'm not saying I'd rather be a bird, I'm just curious as to why it is not naturally more ingrained into me how to raise my young.

I'll end with this. A. I love my child unconditionally for as long as I shall live. B. I would give my life in an instant to save my son's. THIS, I'm glad to say, is naturally ingrained into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment