What is a blog?

For some reason, unbeknown-st to me, I have started a blog. What is a blog anyway?

I realize it is a place to soothe my soul with typing about my cozy, somewhat interesting, mainly boring, sometimes beautiful, yet sarcastic life uninhibited, but, what is the real meaning? To me, I think, slug, snail, something slimy and gooey.

Not a pleasant start to a blog, more importantly, my blog.

But, no matter. Slimy, begone. Fresh, begin!

Friday, October 1, 2010

The Enchanting World Of Facebook



Did you know that billionaire, self-made CEO of Facebook is only 26 years-old? He projects himself as a Harvard graduate on his profile even though he isn't. When 60 Minutes reporter Lesley Stahl confronted Mark Zuckerberg with this little inconsistency, he said “That’s true. We don’t have a setting for dropout.” More staggering stats include the fact that people spend over 500 billion minutes per month on Facebook, while the current active official user count now stands at over 500 million.

I spend way to much time on Facebook. Why is this when it is usually quite mundane? I believe it is because by nature we are nosy, "keep up with the Jones'" people, and have difficulty correcting our addiction. Also the fact that Mark is obviously absolutely brilliant adds to the stickiness of our inability to abstain from this site.

I must add though, this is a extraordinary place to get to know your neighbor better. Because of technology and Facebook, everyone is indoors sitting with their noses up to their computer screen rather than in a pile of roses at the white picket fence.

God bless Facebook!

P.S. Did you know they are trying to patent the slumpf together words Facebook? No longer is the meaning of face a place of expression, and a book something you read. It now means a place to waste your life away!

No comments:

Post a Comment